Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sushi on the chopping board

Here is that sushi cake I was talking about, my first 'food' cake. This was just too much fun! It was a birthday cake for a friend who celebrated over dinner at a Japanese restaurant - the Japanese says "Happy birthday! Melissa-san".

I hope you can recognise all the different sushi, I think the birthday girl + friends did. When I went searching for inspiration, I found loads of sushi cakes on Google so I had no shortage of ideas... seems to be a popular theme. Glad I have now made my contribution to the array of sushi cakes flying around cyberspace!

2 comments:

  1. VALERIE!!! fantastic job with your AMAZING LOOKING AND TASTING CAKES!!! and your blog is awesome and so inspiring too!! wishing you all the best, Hey I might need shoe cupcakes for my launch in August OK! keep some cake mix free for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle,
    Just say the word... the magic word... SHOES!!! ;) Looking forward to it and ordering myself a few pairs too! And don't forget me if you need a test subject, I come with cupcakes. hehe. All the best to you too, Michelle! xo

    ReplyDelete